Thursday, July 10, 2014

Rebuilding CDE TRA-4 Rotor




Earlier tonight I stumbled upon some picture by picture instructions on how to rebuild my rotor. This rotor is for small antennas but is perfect for what I need it for. A great friend of mine donated this to me and after a little testing it works really well just has a little noise to it. I think it actually set up for a few years not operational. So after breaking the rotor down I'm going to re-grease it and clean out all of the internal parts. I love working on little projects like this especially older equipment. I find more value in restoring something old to working condition than buying something new. Now that I have all the parts broken down I can clean them do a little sanding and re-grease them before putting them back together. Here are a few images of the rotor broken down:

No comments:

Post a Comment