Saturday, July 12, 2014

20 Meter IARU Contacts

For my first time being on HF during the IARU contest I decided I would participate for a few hours. I considered going portable but I didn't have the time to grab my things to set up. After I got off work that night I decided to try and see what contacts I could make on the 20meter band. This has usually been my hot spot for contacts with my set up although I can work anywhere from 10-40 meters. Little to my surprise I would contact many of the states and even 20 other countries including some rare contacts with small islands of the Atlantic and Pacific. I am continuously amazed by ham radio. It truly is a wonderful and interesting way of life. Here is a video of a few of the contacts I made during the contest.
-N5WXW


No comments:

Post a Comment