Monday, February 29, 2016

Working Portable with Friends

I have always thought that ham radio was a fun hobby, but it is even more with friends. My good friends Jordan(KI4HBO) and Austin (about to take his exam) had a great time working portable tonight. While we were out in town we randomly decided to grab all of my gear and take it out to the park in Madison, AL to work portable. It was a little cool, but it wasn't raining. It was extremely nice. We strung up my 80 meter wire dipole and tuned it for each band we worked. Of course it was after 10pm so the only bands that were of any use was 40 and 80.

I managed to work Oregon and Conneticut on 40meter PSK-31. We had a blast hanging out, looking up information on each others laptops, and just discussing how everything works. 
We are surely going to make this a regular thing. As always we are gambling with good or bad band conditions, but that is the name of the game. 73 guys! de N5WXW

No comments:

Post a Comment